Blogger Templates
You are the helper of the fatherless. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more. Psalms 10:14,17-18

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dr. Seuss and my life

"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"- Dr. Seuss
                                                                                  
This very simple quote by Dr. Seuss pretty much sums up the way that I look at life.  I have never been the type of person that just goes along with the crowd.  Done what is most popular.  I don't ever testify to being "politically correct". 
I am known to speak and tell you exactly how I see a situation or how I feel about something.  I am passionate about many things in life.  Mostly about my children. 
I am very protective of my kids.  If you ask my kids they would tell you that I am too protective.  But I have my reasons for that.  I am definitely a "mother bear or tiger".  If you hurt my child, speak against my child, or somehow harm them physically, emotionally, verbally etc.....You will definitely be hearing from me.  Enough on that.
But truly, why would you want to be just a typical, normal, everyday kind of person?  I prefer going against the grain myself.  Maybe that philosophy has come about because people question some of the things that I do. 
For instance questions such as these:  why do you go to "that" church?  why did it take you so long to finally figure out what you wanted to study in college?  why on Earth would you ever dream about being a medical missionary?  "You must have lost your mind", why do you continue to adopt so many children?  Do you not know that no one can adequately care for so many children?  Especially those with "special needs"?  Are you sure that you are healthy enough to continue on this way?  why would you ever get married again?  Especially to someone with children themselves? 
These are all very easy to answer.  Because these are the decisions that I have made with my own mind, at my own will, for the good of everyone involved. And because this is what my Lord and Savior would have me to do!!  Also because I absolutely love, love, love helping those who can't help themselves.  Who is most vulnerable in the world?  ORPHANS!!!!  Well now, that answers why I do what I do. 
Some don't understand why we feel that we are constantly "called" to adopt one more child. My question to you is "why do you know that you are not?".  How can you look the other way when there are so many children here in the US and internationally that have absolutely no one to call their "Family".  I find it quite sad that many people never get or take the opportunity that is available to most of us.  You don't have to be rich, highly educated or even good looking to adopt or foster a child.  You only need love and the initiative to make a difference. 
So what are all of you waiting for?  I can't do all of this completely by myself.  There are over 140 MILLION orphans in the world!!!!  I know that we are trying our best to continue to add to our family through adoption but our home is not big enough for 140 million more children.  So I will continue to shout from the rooftops, educate those that are interested, and advocate for all of those wonderful kids out there.
Go and do something EXTRAORDINARY with your life!!!!!!  Don't settle for mediocre.



2 comments:

  1. i love this post! i am single and feel so called to becoming a mother through special needs adoption. People say," You are doing WHAT but how do you KNOW this will, that won't, he will, she won't, if, when, who......." God is saying "GO!" so i don't have to KNOW! i hope to commit very shortly and take the very first steps to bringing a very special little someone home! thanks for the boost of encouragement by telling you story and GOd BLess! Lynn Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words!

    Nikki
    www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - get your blog designed and support orphans with special needs in India!

    ReplyDelete